Monday, January 23, 2012

Ernie and a pond!

Howdy, here are a few pics of Ernie I took this afternoon for a school assignment.

"Window Light". I like the black and white version a lot. Ernie's colorings don't distract from his expression like they do in the color version. Ernie is just as sweet as he looks in this picture.


I used a dialog in Adobe Photoshop I learned about in school today called Shadows/Highlights to bring out the details around his right eye and his white fur on his left side. The eye was lost in shadow and the fur was over exposed and was basically just a huge blob of white. The colors still look a little weird to me but my monitor was last calibrated three months ago so who knows what they "really" look like. Isn't Ernie the CUTEST?!?


This is the pond at Angela's moms place. I'm at that point where I mostly just try to get the picture in focus and maybe get the exposure more or less right. Still, this one has a sort of nice composition. Also, frozen ponds are pretty rare in western Washington.



No comments:

Post a Comment