Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Comic Review: Ghostopolis

Ghostopolis by Doug Tenapel is a very fun, cute and entertaining comic.

The art is cartoony but perfectly suits the story. I really enjoyed the color pallett used. It was bright and interesting without being garish.

The story felt rushed to me. The first half is paced fairly slow and then a TON of stuff happens very quickly all-of-a-sudden at the end. It feels like it was planned to be a longer serial and then got limited to this one volume suddenly.

My favorite character was Benedict Arnold. He is super memorable and fun. The other characters didn't really do much for me.

This comic is clearly written for children and as such it does very well by it's intended audience. It's pretty light for adults though.

I heartily recommend Ghostopolis for kids older than 9 or 10. You can read Angela's review here.

--Abe

No comments:

Post a Comment