Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What I did today

I spent the day cleaning the house. I've downloaded various audio production programs over the last few days; ableton, sonar, sound forge, reaper, just to name a few. In between house chores I spent the day setting them up, doing tutorials, reading help files.

So far, I like ableton the best. The help is FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC. It walks you through everythign starting with setting up the program. The interface is pretty clean and is fairly easy to figure out. In comparison, Sonar is cluttered, ugly, hard to figure out and has abysmal help / tutorials. Reaper is cool but seems to be more of a recording suite where sonar and ableton are complete music creation tools.

I also started packing up the christmas decorations. We decided to do them piece-meal this year. We don't have a tree so there's no real rush. And, I'm really enjoying how the house looks. It's very festive.

I'm really looking forward to the next rift beta too. It's starts on the 25th of this month. I'm going to keep playing my warrior from the last beta so I can get to test the higher level content.


--Abe

No comments:

Post a Comment